Tuesday, February 13, 2007

WHEN THE MOON CAN ONLY SMILE

Love must be in the air. Yesterday a hangliding Cupid flew over my roof and crashed smack dab into my tree out front. I rushed out to give him a hand, but he threatened to sue me for putting a tree in his flightpath. Before I could cough up an apology he fired off an arrow that barely missed me and took the head clean off my garden gnome. The force threw him right into a snow drift. Apparently Bows has recoil, who knew. I scrambled myself back into the house as the persistant little pud came after me a like a tiny Terminator. I was ducking arrows left and right as he chased me in and out of every room. Finally he cornered me in the bathroom and as I tried to back up I fell in the tub. I thought it was curtains, I was done for, it's all over. I looked up and realised he was out of arrows. I started to relax and breathed a sigh of relief. Cupid on the other hand winked at me turned around and casually tossed a love grenade over his shoulder. It landed in my lap and exploded. Suddenly a strange sensation came over me and I felt compelled to jot down a few words. Another one of those lyrics I say I don't write anymore, so alas there's a chorus, hence the title, but no music. Since it's Valentines day I figured I'd post something in the spirit of the day.

I ache when I'm near you
words leap right out of my mind
I can't believe that I'm the one
that we became entwined

You are the light that darkness fled
It's spark such comfort holds
I nestle close as close can be
with your arms around my soul

When we touch the stars ignite
and shoots across the sky
The sun's inflamed, the night's insane,
but the moon can only smile

I felt just like a castaway
on an island lost at sea
Until the day you came by
to heal and rescue me

You are my temple and my savior
a vision bold and true
and every second we're apart
I only think of you

When we touch the stars ignite
and shoots across the sky
The sun's inflamed, the night's insane,
but the moon can only smile

So here you are now captivating
in all your gracious splendor
The only thing for me to do
is to let my heart surrender

There's nowhere else for me to go,
but to curl up by the fire
Gaze into your ocean eyes
there's so much to admire

I've seldom seen such beauty
it'spell does me entice
So mysterious and magical
in fragrance and in spice

Feeling is believing in
moments few and frayed,
but love soothes in anxious times
much more than I can ever say

No comments: