Saturday, February 24, 2007

There's a place in the sky

Here's a lyric from my past. Written some time in the 80's. If there was any music to it I've forgotten. Looking at it today the chorus seems rather religious, though I doubt that was my intention at the time. As far as I am able to ascertain it is about a condemned man. What his crimes were I do not know. This is the edited version. ( ok, some of this stuff was pretty out there ) It probably made sense to me once.

I am guilty they'll hang me soon
and my corpse will swing before the moon
They'll hear me scream til my breath collapse
watching me wither, my very last gasp

When I'm stiff
they'll cut me down
See me fall
to the ground
When I'm dead
they'll leave me be
When I'm dead
I will be free

There's a place in the sky
where we go when we die
There's a place in the night
were we live out sight

The string of life left my domain
pervading through my sordid brain
The tombstone wait to be inscribed
if they find me worthy now when I've died

The rope is tight I cannot breathe
who has spread infected seed
Strangeled thoughts they fade away
no more I will feel dismay

No comments: