Wednesday, February 14, 2007

DYING TO LIVE

This is basically about embracing life while you have the chance and not give up in following your dreams. To be honest this was a title that popped into my head one day. Thought I better come up with something so I could use it. Written before I abandoned the lyrical format, thus there's a chorus in there.

I circle my solutions
forsaking my own needs
running up downhill against
the will to succeed

I cradle limitations
to quietly observe
my subservient reflection
discarded by the curb

I've docked in despondance's harbor
by the cliffs of unknown heights
I've watched lovers doomed with failure
plummet off the ledge of life

The eclipse of revelations
brings ambition by default
become myself an architect
to construct a firm resolve

From ashes I may build
adventurous endeavours
and populate my vacant dawn
with a prosperous forever

I'm dying to live
not living to die
to walk about in wonderment
across the scarlet sky

Clouds of discontent
I aim to peel away
for depressive joys dilutes
the splendor of the day

No comments: