Saturday, February 24, 2007

THE TWO FACED RENEGADE

More lyrics from the past. Maybe I should rewrite this stuff, but I have chosen to leave it the way I wrote it back in the ancient 80's. Let it stand on it's own demerit. Since I have way too much time to think about things I wondered back then, how would a German soldier feel about fighting in World War Two if he did not agree with what his country was doing. Eagle eyed readers would know this concept was later carried on to the poem There's a fence around forever.

The season for treason is second to none
The frontline fighting soldier stays the lonely one
In the middle of a split vision
you do right to question my decision

Should I stay loyal to the country I serve
though I detest it's intentions to conquer the world
How far goes my duty should I kneel and obey
pull the trigger and look the other way

Oh I wish I knew which way the wind blew
for the two faced renegade
In the two faced masquerade

Is it my obligation to blindly respect
my superiors orders that I cannot accept
Feeding the cannons with human flesh
Entertaining our leaders in a war play grotesque

How can I indulge in this and still stay sane
watching vigerous landscapes turn into desert plains
How can I hate someone I never met
How can I be the bullet in a Russian roulette
Ruling over life and death

No comments: