Saturday, February 10, 2007

I WROTE THE NIGHT

I don't really have a title on this one, but I felt I had to call it something, so there you go. Not sure what it is about. Sounds like a nightmare of some sort. I tend to play around with the words day and night a lot, and I guess that's what promted the first verse, and it went haywire from there. I later realised that Mountains of madness was used by H.P. Lovecraft, though I decided to leave it in. I try to stear away from copying others if I am awere of certain phrases being out there. Since my aspirations is mostly to amuse myself with these poems, I don't try to take it too seriously, and doubt anyone else does either.


I wrote the night in a daylight glow
as darkness whispered my name
I pillaged the soul of a destitute child
and lost everything that I've gained

I sought the moon from a crippled old fool
and he carved me a hole in my head
I climbed me a river through mountains of madness
seeking refuge in the land of the dead

I turned my back to the tunnel of light
and walked to the pit of despair
I stood in the doorway of cosmic convulsions
before descending down mystical stairs

Near the bottom nearly blind in my gaze
I sensed shadows converge to attack
There's fear after death I know that for sure
and I wish I could have my life back

I know I'm confined to this cavernous womb
forsaken by hope and damned by mankind
I cradle regrets like a son gone unloved
as I'm mourning in silence the world left behind

No comments: