Thursday, March 1, 2007

BENEATH THE SILENT SURFACE Part 2 INTO REMNANT DAWN

I you haven't read part one yet I suggest you do that otherwise part two will make even less sense than it already does. I suppose the question will arise how someone already dead can be killed again, as pertaining to the first half of this poem. This stems from the belief system that there are different planes in the afterlife and I thought why not use that. So in this particular world of mine, if you are murdered you drop down another level of existence. I don't really elaborate on that in the poem. In part two the husband is brought back to life and is accused of killing the man who strangled his wife as well as his wife. In order to return to the great beyond he confesses to a crime he did not commit. All he wants is the needle. The poem picks up with him in jail.

There's no consolation in the wait
just agony prolonged
A man that wants to die, but quick
he'll curse a heart that's strong
Beat, beat, beat that blasted pump
is there not an end
Each mocking tick continuous on
again, again, again

They threw a trial on my behalf,
but I did not even care
I want my due so I confessed
no matter how unfair
Yet years dragged on so very slow
I begged for my demise
Do not withhold a promise made
the right I have to die

My grave is dug I volunteer
to shear these earthly ties
Flutter away like wayward dust
a perfect suicide
Still it seems that I am bound
by contradictive means
They set the time and booked a room
so sanitized and clean

At last the day is here
my lips has drawn a smile
Supress me not such frightful joy
I'll run the final mile
The needle sharp invades my skin
It's death without delay
I plunge into a soothing calm
my life just drips away

In the cavernous city of devourering lights
Nocturnal delinquints come harvest your spite
They pillage perversions they prey on deceit
Feast on the bones of the old, obsolete
Clustered in carnage they drink from themselves
Recycling evil from a deep human well
In the ghastly glare of their vacant eyes
One would do best to step swifly aside

I flee through the twirl of a pallid dank smoke
mystical fires unfurls with furious strokes
Burrowing plumes in a crimson embrace
Smouldering meadows swaying ablaze
Atop the horizen rests a quiescent moon
on which craters conceal multiple tombs
In petrified slumber the weary convene
Forever unconscious they languish in dreams

I traipse across the bridge of sparrows
A feathery pathway, endless and narrow
Upwards, onwards, climbing the wave
A transient traveller, unbound by the grave
There's mountains of moisture so transparent and grand
with a lingering lustre, the ripples of man
Where phantoms of fury in liquid constraints
lays encased in water red rocks of rain

Something lurks beyond the sea of denial
where empty orbs traverse an endless isle
A featureless forever enslaved into mourning
cleansing while weaving into a new aborning
Rupturing their rapture such a pitiful past
Rebuilding reflections in fog shrouded glass
Feeble hands are reaching for an impossible salvation
Relinquished by life a tumultuous abdication

I scavenge the valley of whispering winds
dissecting it's secrets from realms within
Unveiling the matrix the map to my mind
Into remnant dawn I build memories out of time
There's shelter in knowing ones fate
A conviction once found will never abate
There's those that doubt and those who believe
strength is an anchor a burden relieved

In serenity's harbour a ship lays aground
spectre's marooned in a bleak coastal town
A pervading despondance, a long dormant dread
perils that beckons from which they once fled
Ashen with anguish these castaway few
sense approaching forboding to late to undo
Huddled together under dark scarlet skies
They strive to feign courage whilst terror looms nigh

Soon they're upon us these murderous ghouls
once mortal slayers the beyond they now rule
The life after life yields and omnious earth
death is not a sanctuary that leaves you un-hurt
They come at us with cleavers, with swords and with knives
They slit, they cut, they tear and they slice
The blood of the spirit is spattered and spewed
until all is extinguished not a sound would intrude

Thus here at last lies the vast third plane
and altering existence exempt from grieving pain
Quell my disillusions, I feel now she's quite near
I wonder if she's waiting still for me to re-appear
Into tranquility I dive, into the lake of souls
Amongst the dead I glide, unburdened by the cold
I peruse each hollow face for features I will know
Examine all and everything, above, beneath below

In shallow pools I do detect a luminous allure
A gleaming glow of distant lights opalescent and pure
Upon me soon my destiny unfettered and devine
Through the maze of misery my quest is well defined
In opaque silhouette a familiar shape I recognise
If I were air I'd suffocate within myself I'd die
I behold at journeys end my darling wife Celeste
I cling to her with all my might, two lovers layed to rest

No comments: