Friday, October 14, 2011

IT'S A BOY.

Here's a poem I wrote for my nephew Aleksander. Just your typical birth and beyond tale.

So here I am
Born to a brand new world
I take a quick peek
To see if I am a boy or a girl
I cannot yet talk
So I have to cry
I do mean no bother
I'm hungry that's why
For nine months I stayed
In a one bedroom flat
Was fed through a tube,
but never got fat
It was dark, it was damp
and I had no tv
When my lease was up
I was finally free
Mom and dad
Well, I got them trained
With my powerful lungs
I think I drive them insane
When I turn on the siren
They run like the wind
My diaper is dirty
There's a rash on my skin
I do make them happy
When I give them a smile
You know after all, they'll
take care of me for awhile
I know they love me
and they always will
So for a few minutes
I will be perfectly still.

No comments: