Thursday, October 13, 2011

I CAN STOP BELIEVIN'

Spot the Journey reference in the title. Slightly tweaked. This poem came to me in the middle of the night. Dealing with emotions long supressed. It picked a strange time to surface, but I guess it had to happen eventually.

She said she'd always love me,
but that was never true
Just a moment of insanity
She never could undo
I would stay awake
until night turned into day
Wondering if love is worth
the wages that it pays

She claimed I never listened,
but I heard that well enough
Rembering it forever,
her love though I could not
There's such power in those words
the time in which their spoken
Such a shame it all dissolves
to be beaten, battered, broken

Does anything have meaning
will nothing ever last ?
Why cling to a future
that was abandoned in the past
She left my heart in tatters
tore the stiches, tore the seams
Destroyed most all that matters
every hope and every dream.

No comments: