Wednesday, October 12, 2011

HANGING UP WOULD HAVE BEEN WISE

If you ever get a phone call from beyond the grave. Take my advice and don't anwer. It can only end badly as you will see.

Some times when I am alone
She calls me on the telephone
From the other side
Long distance down the road beyond
Where does that line run ?
Where does it hide ?

A smooth talker, laughs a lot
Even though she's dead, she's hot
or so I am told
She begs me for an answer
would I be her necromancer
Bring her back from the cold

She assures me I will love her
when I get to know her
Never mind the smell
She is buried outside town
300 years in the ground
Anchored by a a spell

She claims her name is Heather
I need to come and get her
Hurry please, she pleeds
I dig with urgency and sweat
my muscles ache, but I am not there yet
Yet her love I so need

Suddenly her hand reaches out
There's a faint muffled shout
We share an embrace
There's a moment of bliss
as we fuse in a kiss
Then I remember her face

A few lifetimes ago
when ignorance would glow
Reason we'd forsake
The man I once was
Never needed a just cause
To burn a witch at the stake

Thus now I do recall
As centuries slowly fall
from the lives I've lived
For Heather is the one
once torched by the sun
A deed she'd never forgive

She bided her time
to punish my crime
I now see her charred remains
She rips out my throat
Grins as she gloats
as the blood of my guilt starts to drain

No comments: