Wednesday, April 18, 2007

SORROWS TRAIL

This was written for someone I once knew. Her mother died and I sent her this poem. This could be about anyone though. I hope I have captured the sentiments for someone going through the grief process.

Now I walk alone down sorrows trail
while the humble hue of hollowness prevail
Futility embraced and cast upon my weary soul
one half removed from what once made me whole

I'd much rather sink than swim the rivers of dismay
immersed in thoughts that blur and swiftly drifts away
I caress regrets for words still left behind
withheld within my heart like dust upon my mind

Awake beneath my slumber enduring stagnant sleep
sweet solace eludes me into mourning I weep
A ravaged existence bleak in it's dismal stare
consumed by the persistence of imprisoned tears

Now a refugee of memories all but ripples remain
I'm foreclosing the temples of torment while restoring my desolate plains
Too late for forever, still a brief and cherished past
abandon it I will never, til death it's gleam will last

No comments: