Friday, September 30, 2011

REGRETS

This is a poem I wrote years ago. I was probably going through a divorce at the time so that is probably reflected in the downbeat tone of the thing.

I was born
then I died
In between
I laughed and cried
So many things
I should have said
Wilted thoughts
of wasted dread

I had dreams
that faded fast
Into the future
of my past
Things to do
was never done
Moments born
now all gone

And the backbone
of my spine
Turned a deaf ear
to the blind
I wish that I
had taken chances
Just to fuck
with circumstances

But here I am
a wilted rose
Who's final act
is to decompose
We never learn
that life is brief
Fraught with joy
fraught with grief

It will come
it will go
At what point
we never know
So, when you're dead
it's quite too late
to wish that you
had changed your fate

No comments: