Friday, November 18, 2011

WILLOW

As she slept right there beside me
I sipped from her a glance
I knew I forever would
Recall this circumstance
I knew that I'd protect her
hold her when she cries
And wipe away the teardrops
from the nightmares in her eyes

Chorus:
I gave my heart to Willow when she offered me her smile
Promised me a wonder world for that was just her style
I learned about the darkness, the shadows in her soul,
but she found in me an alchemist who'd spin her dread into gold

I promised I would listen
when her worries fell like snow
To melt away the madness
I hope I'll never know
My arms would be her harbor
where sorrow come to die
To be buried in a paupers past
beneath the restless sky

Chorus:

There's never been a time
when I can claim regrets
For I have always loved her true
from the day we met
We don't live in a castle
We have no dimes to spare,
but all I need is what I have
who keeps me warm all year

Chorus:

No comments: