Monday, March 17, 2008

THE EMPTY PILLOW

Here's a change of pace. Something very depressing for a grey and rainy day. Found this in one of my notebooks. Such melancholy permeating these lines.


Beside the empty pillow
alone asleep I fall
Only to awake each morn'
to longings never stalled
Cobwebs fill the hollow
across the vast devide
Undisturbed yet growing old
and crumbling deep inside

The narrow nights condemn me
accelerates my dread
Youth's ember flicker to a fade
as time lays still ahead
In a rock infested wasteland
In a future dull and bare
I'm on a pathway to perdition
to which my fate adhere

I've seen the perfect picture
it hangs not on my wall
Beyond my grasp it beckons always
testing my resolve
I peer in from a distance
as if touching from afar
Frailty, humbled seeping
from unhealing scars

No comments: