Thursday, November 15, 2007

IT AIN'T ALWAYS RIGHT

The jury is out
The judge is in his chamber
Dammit, I think they're gonna blame her
She was just splitting hairs with a battle axe
Didn't wanna pay her income tax
She was seein' red
When she struck the Irs man dead
Doused his corpse with gasoline
Lit a match with a jubilant scream
She was a little bit crazy, a little bit mean
Should'a made him disappear and got away clean

This won't take long
unless the jury is hung
and the moon made of cheese
It can't be that tricky
This case ain't that sticky
Just ask the police

What's it gonna be
Lock her up or set her free
String her up in the nearest tree
or gas her in the chair and double the indignity
Norman the forman is ready to declare
If it's curtains, or agony and tears
Forget about fashion stripes it this year
Gettin' in is easy, gettin' out's a bitch I hear

So the verdict was read
and this is what he said
She's not guilty not at all
Against the system she stood tall
What she did was justified
This was not a homicide
The courtroom erupted in cheers
Everybody toasted with champagne and beer

The judge banged his gavel
as decorum unravelled
and the court reporters
were fighting with the coke snorters
Panic began to spread
From the scene the jury fled
The benches they cleared
No one was spared

The poor attorneys
was rolled out on gurneys
away from the battlefield
What they were doing ?
thinking of suing
Just as soon as they'd heal

Ambivalence is how I feel
For now at last I must reveal
Perhaps it's best if she got life
Because this woman is my wife
And one day she may decide
She'd love me more if I died
And if the taxman cometh back
She'd give him too a mighty wack
To sum it up I have to say
I won't be going home today

No comments: